Here is the current fixture above our dining room table




The faux wood and general un-coolness makes me break out in hives. Well, it might also be a mosquito bite, but I'm pretty sure it's hives, and I'm pretty sure it's being caused by this fan.

Taking my health seriously,  I turned to Pinterest, where I found some Pinspiration

Spray painting a thrifty old chandelier?! Genuis. Freaking genius.

After a quick trip to the Salvation Army, I found exactly what I was looking for, I didn't take a before shot, but it looked more or less like this:
Very Liberace

And after a few dozen coats of matte white spray paint, it looks like this:
I plan to use round bulbs like this
instead of those little fake candle ones to keep it feeling modern. I also may or may not play around with adding some swagged beading. The dining room is full of pops of color already since I painted the dining room table legs coral pink, so I decided to keep the chandelier white using these interiors as a muse:





Now if I could only get Mike to hang it already! Maybe if I got a Dr.'s note to prove the urgency? 

It itches!







Leave a Reply